Sunday, January 13, 2008

Next time, we hire movers

So all week, I have been doing a little packing, a little purging, and a lot of coughing because of the wonderful Flu I can't seem to shake.

Derek and I are bad pack rats. Because we may have to move again in a years time, I decided to throw away or donate items that we really had no use for. In total we donated two big boxes of clothes. :)

I would tell you how many bags of trash we threw out, but it is frankly embarassing.

So the place we are leaving, it has two bedrooms. The smaller of the rooms was supposed to be my office, but derek got tired of me spending all my time in there, so he got the lap top and I haven't had a use for the office, so Derek gladly took it over. I went in there today to pack what he hadn't and shift it downstairs.

I haven't been in that room for 6 months, and frankly I was disgusted with what I found. Anytime it would look dirty I would tell Derek to pick it up and he would, but I guess that didn't include dusting :(! So I got his computer dusted off and packed, the file cabinet down stairs, the pictures off the wall, the computer chair. I then cleaned his desk. eww. It got too dusty in there that my lungs decided to not function. So I have to take a break. I was going to attempt to bring the desk downstairs, but it may be a little too heavy for just me.

When Derek gets home, we are bringing the futon and the bed down. He has two pals from work coming tomorrow to help him move it, so that's good.

Sorry about all the moving details, boring right?

So today is like day 7 of no soda. the fast food thing, not so much. I got over zealous with the packing and i have no pots, pans, fail, anything to cook in and they are already at the new place. And I have put off grocery shopping until we get into the new place. I also packed all my canned goods, spices, ect so blah. I had enough stuff for breakfasts and lunches, just no dinner. I have been eating salads, but I aint gonna lie, I have had the ocassional burger and fries. I suck. No reason to beat myself up really, I am going shopping at some point and I can start fresh in a new place.

My pal Laura came back home from Indiana. I love Laura with all my heart, but man is she drama infested. Her baby's daddy is a dead beat. He has hit her and has gotten Hailey, their beautiful daughter, to call Laura a fat slut. She's 4. He just got out of jail for some reason, and just got into something with drugs. And Laura lets him in because he is the father of her child.

You know, my father was a deadbeat. Drugs and all. My mom left and I think I turned out pretty ok. I know I can tell Laura a million times to get out there on her own and fight, but the fact is she's scared. And she will need to realize things on her own. But I worry. I worry for hailey. I hope baby's daddy doesn't save up the money to come out here and I hope he stays in Indiana. He really sucks. The epitompe of white trash really. Listen to me all judgemental. I just can't stand him because he reminds me so much of my father. Lies and cheats, and convinces you he will never do it again. He sucks, oh I already said that.

i'm ready for sleeps sleeps. It's only 6pm!

1 comment:

Walt said...

I have to tell you, we are never moving ourselves again. The last two moves, we hired movers and they were worth every cent and then some. Packing was bad enough, but if it meant not lugging everything we own, so be it.

As much as I hate moving, I really enjoy unpacking. I'm much better at getting rid of things while unpacking than I am packing. The pressure is off and I can think rationally then.

Don't sweat the fast food thing. You are in an abnormal state right now and you have to do what you have to do. Once you're settled, it will be much easier to get back into good eating habits. Until then, have some fries for me!