Friday, March 12, 2010

A - Z Music I Love, E is for Elliott Smith and F is for the Fire Theft

Of Course E would be for Elliott. Elliott is my heart. I was a late comer to the Elliott game. He was already gone when I fell in love. The majority of his songs speak to me, as corny as that sounds. It is like he is describing to the world how I feel, but was too afraid to say on my own. Sometimes when I get sad, listening to Elliott reminds me that I am not alone in that pain, and I find solace in that. This might not make sense to a lot of people, but that's OK. Another extraordinary artist gone entirely too soon, and I miss him. And to quote Elliott, "I'm never gonna know you now, but I'm gonna love you anyhow."


The Fire Theft is my selection for F for one song. I haven't heard a great deal of the Fire Theft, but where ever I heard this song, it resonated with me so much that I can't forget it. I know I first heard it shortly after Derek and I got married. I just found it to be a beautiful song and sometimes I just listen to it over and over again.

No comments: