Sunday, September 9, 2007

just call me chef

As part of my goal to be healthy, I have started to cook a whole lot more and avoid processed food as much as possible. My husband loves it since he will have cheerios if I don't cook and I mean you can only eat so much cheerios. I started with breafast this morning. I actually made it last night. I made a Spinach and mushroom Fritatta. A thin layer of potatoes, mushrooms, lots of garlic and spinach. Pour the eggs over the top and cook for 20 minutes. i didn't put cheese in it caus emicrowaving cheese makes it greesy. This morning, I heated up a slice, put a little cheddar and salsa on top. Yummzies!

Dinner was a spinach salad and white asparagus risotto. The risotto had onions, garlic, mushrooms, spinach, and white asparagus. Only a tiny bit of parmesean cheese to thiken it up. I made two servings and seriously...it was more like four. I will take the rest and mix it with some chicken tomorrow. I am going to make a spicy chicken soup on Tuesday. i'm excited. I haven't been excited about cooking in a long time.

Derek and I haven't eaten out in 8 days, which is a huge accomplishment for us. Convenience is seriously our down fall...it's either convenience or laziness. I also have walked every day for the past 8 days except for 2. I am proud of myself :)

Anyways.

Today I ate:

my fritatta
cheez-its
grapes
carrots
half a roast beef sammie
spinach salad
w. asparagus risotto
100 calorie hostess cakes
65 oz of water
2 diet cokes

3 comments:

Malchera said...

Great post Chef.

Nessa said...

Thanks Ru!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! It's a hard thing to do. I am a fan of dining out and processed food. My body wants in the worst way to be 1000 lbs! :)Every day is a struggle, and some days you win, some days you lose.